- About the SSI
- Student Sustainabilty Center
- Our Work
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
Online Visibility Intern
The Online Visibility Intern (Web Intern) will be responsible for promoting the Student Sustainability Initiative (SSI) through the pursuit and improvement of digital visibility efforts (e.g. website, online social media, etc.). He or she will work with the Visibility Coordinator, SSI staff, volunteers, OSU faculty and staff, and Corvallis community members to make sure these activities are successful.
- Maintain and improve digital visibility efforts.
- Actively engage and inform students and community members using social media outlets.
- Update and improve the the SSI’s website.
- Help improve the efficacy and efficiency of the SSI’s promotional efforts, strategies, abilities, and resources.
- Meet regularly with the SSI Visibility Coordinator to plan activities and brainstorm ways to improve the mechanisms and resources facilitating those activities.
- Work at least 1-5 hours/week for the duration of the internship. (Additional hours may be negotiated.)
- Some understanding of, and interest in, sustainability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Experienced/Familiar with Drupal content management system
- Experience using social media.
- Interest developing experience managing social media pages, updating websites, and spearheading digital publicity efforts.
- Introductory HTML, CSS, and PHP experience.
- Intermediate web design experience.
- Strong social media experience.
- Awareness of campus and community sustainability groups.
- Interest in contributing to improving both the activities and mechanisms of the SSI.
Open to Applications
Employment Dates and Hours:
Applications due Wednesday, April 11th.
Position Duration- Monday, April 16th - remainder of Spring Term
The SSI will work with the student to secure credit for the internship.
Terms and Conditions:
Applications are open to students and non-students, but preference will be given to students. In order to be considered a student, the applicant must be enrolled in at least 6 credits at OSU during the internship, during the term prior to the internship, or during the term following the internship. Interns, like all staff, are expected to affirm and uphold University policies that help create and mainatin a welcoming and equal opportunity campus. OSU and the SSI do not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Submit a cover letter and resume to the Design and Visibility Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information about the SSI, please visit http://oregonstate.edu/sustainability/ssi. Together, applicants and SSI staff will negotiate an appropriate length for the internship. Recommended lengths include: (a) 10 weeks, (b) 21-24 weeks, and (c) 35 weeks.